Amazon Warehouse Deals account for over 47% of our ‘Go For It’ recommendations on Price Tempter and the average discount for a Warehouse Deal is over 36%! Trouble is, after clicking on Amazon, the product is marked as ‘Used’. Buying used products can be risky and returning product can be a hassle!
But here’s the ‘Go For It’ level good news: Amazon Warehouse resells product at a huge discount because they were returned with minimal – if any – use! Amazon is simply reselling millions of like-new, open-box, and pre-owned items at a significant discount. The original owner either changed their mind, were dissatisfied, or realized the product wasn’t what they expected, and sent it back. Cheers to your lucky day!
Let’s take a look at a Samsung Galaxy S10+. This product has been on the market for about a year (released in March 2019) and while many consumers have bought the phone, others have changed their mind and returned it. The Unlocked Cell Phones list on Price Tempter shows the Samsung Galaxy S10+ discounted at 30% (as of May 22, 2020). A new, ‘unused,’ Samsung Galaxy S10+ available on Amazon is only discounted 18%. Here is a prime example of a Warehouse deal selling the phone in ‘Used – Like New’ and ‘Used – Very Good’ condition for a bigger discount. Talk about a great deal!
But what does that really mean? What does ‘Used – Like New’ mean versus ‘Used – Acceptable’ really mean? Since the product has already been in the hands of another owner, Amazon cannot resell the product as ‘New’. To help with accurate labeling, Amazon developed a set of criteria to assist in determining the returned product’s condition as either: Renewed, Used – Like New, Used – Very Good, Used – Good, Used – Acceptable.
- Renewed: These items have been inspected and tested by Amazon and work like new. These products may come repackaged but will include all accessories.
- Used – Like New: An item in perfect working condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing. But the product was returned with minor defects.
- Used – Very Good: An item has cosmetic damage or blemishes, shows slight signs of use, has minor accessories missing, or the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item.
- Used – Good: An item has large cosmetic damage or blemishes and/or missing accessories. It is also possible the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item.
- Used – Acceptable: The item shows signs of wear including scratches, dents, and other aesthetic problems. The packaging may have been replaced to better protect the item, manuals may be missing, and the item may contain third-party attachments.
Next time you are shopping on Amazon and see a Warehouse Deal, do not hesitate to consider it! The savings are huge, and the product is more than likely in great condition. Amazon maintains a 100% customer satisfaction rate so buying from ‘Warehouse Deals’ is of no concern. But if you still have apprehensions, head over to Price Tempter and see if the product is reasonably priced. If it is, we’ll tell you to “Go For It!”